MARTYRS FOR MOROCCO
Suspect members previously in Spanish jail
On 10/18/2004 the Spanish police raided, in Operation Nova, deferent locations all over Spain and arrested about 18 suspects of forming a terror group – The MARTYRS FOR MOROCCO - MFM. Other suspects were already in Spanish jail for being former members of the Algerian GIA, fraud and other offences.
* Abdelkrim Besmail was born in 1962 in Algeria. He arrived to Spain in the mid 90s’ and was an acquaintance of Allekema Lamari already from Algeria. In 04/1997 Abdelkrim Besmail was arrested in Valencia as a former Armed Islamic Group – GIA in Algeria. In 2001 Abdelkrim Besmail was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment. Abdelkrim Besmail was indicted again, on 03/13/2006, for participating in the “MARTYRS FOR MOROCCO” activity. On 02/27/2008 Abdelkrim Besmail was sentenced to 10 more years in jail.
* Bachir Belhakem was born in 1965 in Algeria and a close associate of Abdelkrim Besmail. He arrived to Spain in the mid 90s’ and was an acquaintance of Allekema Lamari already from Algeria. In 04/1997 Bachir Belhakem was arrested in Valencia as a former Armed Islamic Group – GIA in Algeria. In 2001 Bachir Belhakem was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for being a GIA member and forging documents. Bachir Belhakem was indicted, again, on 03/13/2006 for participating in the “MARTYRS FOR MOROCCO” activity. On 02/27/2008 Bachir Belhakem was sentenced to 5 more years in jail.
* Baldomero Lara Sánchez was born in 1975 in Malaga. He is a Spaniard of gypsy origin and a crime gang member with a record of 99 convictions in crimes against property. Baldomero Lara Sánchez was supposed to steal a tone of Goma 2 compressed dynamite from quarries all over Spain and hand over the explosives to Dibali Abdellah known also as Addila Mimon, a MFM member. On 02/27/2008 Baldomero Lara Sánchez was sentenced to 5 years in jail.
* Eddebdoubi Taoufik was born in Morocco in 1979. He was a former inmate in Zaragoza prison where he met some of the MFM members.
* Hoari Jera was born in 1973 in Beirut, Lebanon to a family from Palestinian descent. Hoari Jera was already arrested in La Coruna for other crimes. He got acquainted with Mohamed Achraf when they did time together in Spanish jail already from the late 90s’ and kept in constant correspondence. On 02/27/2008 Hoari Jera was sentenced to 10 additional years in jail.
* Kamara Birahima Diadie was born in Mauritania in 1974. He was arrested already in 2003 for immigration offences. Kamara Birahima Diadie was considered as the arms and explosives smuggler of the MFM group in Spain and the ringleader of the Almería cell. According to the Spanish prosecution he was ordered by Mohamed Achraf to purchase about a tone of dynamite, through a Spaniard of gypsy origin, Baldomero Lara Sánchez, with which to carry out an intended bomb attack on the Spanish High Court compound. On 02/27/2008 Kamara Birahima Diadie was sentenced to 8 years in jail.
On Tuesday 10/07/2008 the Spanish Supreme court equated all the defendants mentioned above from all charges.
The Supreme Court upheld the convictions against five others in the same case and handed over a 14-year jail term to Mohammed Achraf, the suspected leader of the terrorist group. It also reduced the sentence of one of the men to two years from nine years.
** See – Jailed-MFM page 2 for the rest of the suspects list **