– EUROPE’S FEARS
The UK ‘s home secretary Theresa May has vowed, on Monday 10/19/2015, to “systematically confront and challenge extremist ideology” as she detailed new curbs on those who “spread hate”.
Radical Islamic preachers will be banned from posting material online and anyone with convictions for extremist activity will be barred from working with children. Also Deradicalisation classes will be made mandatory for others deemed a threat.
But Muslim leaders warned the strategy “continues down a flawed path” and risks “alienating” Muslims in the UK.
Also among the measures within the counter-extremism strategy are:
1. A full review of public institutions such as schools, further and higher education colleges, local authorities, the NHS and the civil service to ensure they are protected from “entryism” – or infiltration – by extremists
2. An official investigation into the application of Sharia law in the UK .
3. Closure orders for law enforcement and local authorities to close down premises used to support extremism
4. Tougher powers for broadcasting regulator Ofcom so action can be taken against radio and television channels showing extremist content and a demands that internet service providers do more to remove extremist material and identify those responsible for it which is a sort of censorship.
5. Parents of children aged under 16, already since 07/2015, have had the power to request the cancellation of passports – even where a child has taken or hidden the actual document. That power is being extended to parents of 16 and 17-year-olds,.
The Muslim Council of Britain has released a highly-critical statement in response to the plans.
Police estimates at least 700 people from the UK have travelled to support or fight for jihadist organisations such as the so-called Islamic State, and the government believes tackling non-violent extremism is key to stemming the flow of people.
The right-wing, anti-immigration Swiss People’s Party (SVP) has won, on Monday 10/19/2015, Switzerland’s parliamentary election with a record 29.4% of the vote. Its victory translates into 11 extra seats, giving it 65 out of the total 200 in the lower house and made it the biggest party in the Parliament. The right-wing liberal FDP also got an electoral boost, coming third.
Just few days ago Hungary, allegedly seeking to “protect EU from Muslim migrants” declared its southern border with Croatia closed to migrants on Friday 10/16/2015.
A days later, on 10/18/2015, Pro-refugee politician, front runner for the post of Mayor of Cologne, Henriette Reker, was stabbed and seriously injured in what police labelled a ‘racist, political’ attack and probably the first political attempt over the Islamic immigration issue in Europe. The next day, 10/18/2015, Henriette Reker was elected mayor .
It is obvious that Europe is just in the beginning of a huge political and cultural turmoil that will change Europe dramatically .
** Scores of women in the German city of Cologne, about 90, said the day after the Christmas celebrations, on 01/03/2016, they were robbed or sexually assaulted by men, reportedly of Arab or North African appearance who were. most likely drunk and out of control. The events sparked anger and fear especially in Germany but also all over Western Europe . The events took place outside Cologne Cathedral and the nearby main Cologne Train Station square...
Related topics ;
06/2015 – THE JIHADI JUNCTIONS TO EUROPE
06/2015 -BALKAN – THE NEXT STAGE OF ISIS ?
04/2015 – EUROPE HAS LONG IGNORED DANGERS OF ISLAMIC TERROR
02/2012 – DEATH THREAT IN BELGIUM FOR SLAMMING ISLAMIC CODE
11/2011 – EUROPEAN CULTURAL ISLAMIC CONFLICT